Logging into the web-based console
You'll need to log into the web-based console for your residential gateway in order to change make configuration changes. To log in:
- Connect to your residential gateway, either with an Ethernet cable or by Wi-Fi (you do not need to have Internet access to do this).
- In a browser window go to http://192.168.1.1
3. Your username and password will be on a sticker on the unit and is unique to your residential gateway; enter them.
4. Click Login.
Setting Parental Controls
You can schedule access to the Internet for specific devices or block access to specific sites or services.
To access these options, click Advanced.
To schedule access to the Internet:
- In the Advanced menu, click Scheduling Access.
- Select Device or MAC Address to choose what will be displayed in the drop down.
- Choose your desired device or MAC address from the drop down menu.
- Set the days of the week and time ranges within which to allow Internet access.
- Click Add.
Scheduled devices will appear in the Device access List with details.
To remove a schedule for a device, click Remove.
To add a new service to the blocking list:
- Click New
- Fill in all the fields.
- Click Apply.
This service will now be an option in the Service drop down list.
To block specific websites:
- In the Advanced menu, click Website Blocking.
- Click New.
- Enter the URL of the website you want to block.
- Select Device or IP Address to choose what will be displayed in the drop down.
- Choose your desired Device or IP Address from the Associate Website With drop down menu.
- Click Apply.